Friday, October 10, 2014

Birthday Card for Challenge

The Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog is having a challenge for birthday cards at http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/2014/10/challenge-me-monday-challenge-231.html and this is my submission.  So head on over to look at all the great entries and submit one yourself!

This card is a Design Studio cut file from Custom Crops and is by Susan.  I have tried in numerous ways to find the link but Custom Crops is now out of business and must have closed out their website.  They had a lot of GREAT cut files to use in the old Cricut Design Studio program and it's sad to think there's no way I can share a link and I do not have any authority to share the cut file.  And yes, even though I have the fabulous Explore, I do still occasionally use an Expression and Design Studio, especially since I have so many great cut files there.

It uses Plantin Schoolbook and Lyrical Letters.  It's numerous layers and pop dots for dimension with a white gel pen for the dots and I just loved the way it turned out.  The cherries would really "pop" with some glossy accents over them.  The cherry paper is old Stampin Up and the other papers were just from my stash.



6 comments:

  1. Very cute card - love the cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your card -- the cuts are great -- and love how you highlighted the words with white ink! Thanks for doing the Fantabulous challenge this week! ~Laura from http://craftychickscreating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fun card. Thanks for joining us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Love those cherries and that you're using stuff from your stash! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Maybe the website you mention above has been bought out by someone or some company and renamed! Maybe one day it will pop up again. You sure did a marvelous job on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project. I know you really like cherries and this turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete