Monday, August 25, 2014

Stamp A-Faire* 2014 Time Traveler - Afternoon Challenges

The 1920s......The afternoon challenges were fun and inspiring and frustrating and made me stretch!  The first afternoon challenge was the 1920's and I LOVED learning to use the dies as templates to embellish with rhinestones and glitter.  I will absolutely definitely do this in the future.  It's a fun technique that can be sophisticated and whimsical and even applicable to holiday cards and scrapbook pages


The 1940's ....  I LOVED this challenge also.  The colors and stamps and flowers were just perfect.  I had never used a stamp/stamps for backgrounds before and learned a lot doing this one.  I need to work on my stem wrapping for the small bouquets but they are so versabile and would be useful for so many occasions!


The 1960's....I have to be honest and let you know that I struggled with this one.  I did manage to do this card which I feel fits with the theme:

And lastly...the 1980's.  I just enjoyed this theme so much!!  It reminded me so much of my daughter and I know she will love this when I give it to her for her next birthday.  She loved the rainbows and unicorns which were so popular during this era.  I also wanted to do the folding technique but probably won't get to it before the deadline for the challenges.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on all your cards! I love the black and red one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on the trapper keeper card - i'm sure she'll love it!! thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete