Thursday, July 25, 2013

Card for a sick little girl

My sweet friend Melissa Cash mentioned this on her facebook account http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=9176728 and I wanted to do a card for little Emma (that's my granddaughter's name, too, so this kinda got to me).  What little girl doesn't like Hello Kitty?  So I did the balloon card and layers at 5 inches but when it cut out, it looked really small and kind of frail.  So I did two shadow layers...the black one at 5 inches, the white one at 4 1/2 inches (had to trim the white one a little to get it to fit) as backing for the little image.  Here's how it turned out.  It's things like this that make one realize how lucky and  blessed they are to have one's health and to have children and grandchildren who don't have these battles to face.  The "HI" is cut from Sentimentals in Design Studio and shrunk to less than 1" in order to fit on the balloon.  I also stamped "HappyBirthday" on the inside after I took the picture


No comments:

Post a Comment