Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sympathy Card

I think I have just about the best son-in-law in the world and his sweet Mom died very unexpectedly and very suddenly last week.  I did a card for him (forgot to take a picture of it) but totally struggled with what kind of card to do for his Dad, who lost his wife one month after their 50th anniversary.  I ended up doing this card and it just happened to be the colors for the weekly challenge at Rene's blog.
I have a tremendous problem with bows so a present from my sister of Becca's Bow Maker was appreciated and will be used a lot!!

Card Recipe:
Patterned Paper (from my sister's stash so I don't know the maker); Ribbon using Becca's Bow Maker ( http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/today-is-kind-of-special/ ); Pearls by Recollections; Bias Binding; SU paper used for the card base and mats; Sentiment by My Favorite Things; Nestabilities;
Momento Tuxedo Black

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your son-in-law's loss. Your card is just perfect! Love the bow!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for his loss. What a perfect card to receive - so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really sorry for you loss. This is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the loss. What a beautiful card you created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know he will love this card. I do!. Sorry for his and your loss,
    Renee @ icameisawicreated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your son-in-laws loss and his poor dad right after their anniversary. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete