Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Card for My Favorite Things sketch challenge usiing Cricut Imagine Kate's Kitchen

I love the My Favorite Things Stamps, especially the Pure Innocence line. I did this card for their recent challenge and was happy with the way it turned out. If you go to http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?si=MFTWSC62&cat=&x=36&y=18 you can see all the cards done for this particular sketch. My card is a direct scraplift of http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2158234?&si=mftwsc62. I thought that card was just too cute! I used Stampin Up Crushed Curry for the card base and the yellow strip across the middle. The remaining pattern papers and the orange mats were printed and cut with the Cricut Imagine, using Hopscotch for the blue sky and clouds and Kate's Kitchen for the "wallpaper", trim and windows. I love how the Imagine automatically sizes the pattern in smaller paper pieces so I was able to get the flowers in the middle strip much smaller. The flowers on the tiebacks were from the dollar bin at Michael's. The image was colored using Prismacolor pencils except the red shirt was done with a Bic fine point marker pen. His overalls are paper pieced using a scrap piece of denim paper in my stash.

2 comments:

  1. Haha - this is so cute! I love that little boy - he looks like one of my grandsons. You rocked this card, Deb!

    ReplyDelete