Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cricut Stampede

I went to the Cricut Stampede this past weekend and I have got to say that ProvoCraft and Creative Critterz put on an amazing event. I had more fun that I thought possible meeting people I've "known" on the messageboard for years. We ate and drank wine and ate and shopped and ate and crafted (very little for my part) and socialized and traded calling cards and ribbon and just had a fabulous time. PC gave away oodles of stuff (I didn't win anything but that's ok...I had a blast) and our Swag bags were full of goodies-from an Old West cartridge to 3 different sizes of Terrifically Tacky tape and Glimmer Mist to a wooden boot to decorate to a deep cut blade housing and two cricut markers, an organizational CD, ribbon glue tape, glue squares and vendor discount codes. The food was enjoyable (along with goodies that just about everybody brought and shared and little pie tarts and cookies in the shape of Texas from Creative Crittez), the giveaways exciting and the bar-b-que and dance with crazy pictures on Saturday was a total hoot. Most of all, I totally embraced the ability to craft and mingle with others who like to cricut and stamp and just enjoy life. There were a few guys there--one gentleman won a $100 gift certificate for his table decorations.

My roomies were Sandy (I knew her from PS Scrapbook in Allen, Texas) and Denise from Lubbock who neither Sandy or I knew. She was so happy that we asked her to room with us that she made us these wonderful necklaces with beads that she handmade (pic to be posted soon!). Everybody was encouraged to decorate their doors and our door won one of the two 2nd Place Prizes!! We each got a $50 gift certificate for crafting supplies and we were totally JAZZED! The pictures do not do the door justice. I now have a totally new respect for people who coordinate events via teleconference because we did our door decorations via emails and that in itself was a bit of a challenge for me to visualize how it would all come together but our marvelous Sandy had the grand idea and it totally worked!

Roomies Sandy and Denise:

Different Pics of our door--wagon train from different states in sizes that got smaller as they moved away from the door, Pennant over the door with our names and calling cards as well as event name and date and Texas spelled out across the bottom, Cricut Girl on horseback with little Cricuts around the campfire (Sandy used feathers for the flames of the fire which was so clever) with all of them having "thought bubbles" with crafting phrases and Provocraft products roaming through their thoughts. Sorry the pics aren't as good as the real product. I am hoping and hoping this event will be held again and if so, I will do whatever it takes to be able to go again!

My calling card...I had to cut out three Texas shapes--one in each color and then cut and glue together. The Cricut head with green blingy was soooo tiny but marked the approximate site of Frisco where the Stampede was held. I made 120 of these littel 3x3 calling cards which were traded with other Stampeders and used for the giveaways. My card was fairly simple but that's how I craft. Some ladies cards were so wonderful that they could only be called works of art.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time. I am soo hoping to attend a an event like this someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic calling card! I know you guys must have had a ball!

    ReplyDelete