Monday, January 10, 2011

First cards of the year

2010 ended and 2011 began on some sad notes and I had to do some sympathy cards.  Five of them.  Here are pictures of the ones I came up with.  Most use at least one small cricut cut and some stamping.  Hope I don't have to do any more of these for a looonnngg time.

The Angel card uses branches from the Martha Stewart pine branch punch which are cut and glued on the outline of the figure which is a Cricut cut from the Christmas Noel cartridge.  The sentiment is fuzzy as I took it with my phone instead of camera but it's from something I saw somewhere (just can't remember where) and is computer generated:

God saw the road was getting tough
With hills too hard to climb.
He gently closed those weary eyes
And gently said "Peace Be Thine"

The original card where my inspiration came from can be found at 
http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=3374214&mpage=1&key=&#3374214

I did two that were similar but took photos of only one.  They used a Cricut cut from A Child's Year cartridge for the frame with a stamped sentiment from Stamping Up but not sure the name of the set.  My inspiration was from this great card:

 This one was scraplifted from one of my favorite cardmakers, SusieB and her original card is at

This was one I quickly did with a Cricut cut from the Lyrical Letters cartridge 

3 comments:

  1. Pretty cards - I really like the one with the figure in white!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on your cards - Debbie you are so talented. Love, love all of them - the pleasant mile is so serene - and of course, I love the sympathy card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers, your angel card is stunning!! :o

    Love both of the other cards, too! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete